Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 1 - Pilbara, Kimberley Trip

29 February 2008

WE ARE OFF!

Finally the day has arrived. The house is ready for our lovely house sitters. The mail has been redirected. As I went to get the mail I noticed the first change of colour in the leaves of our beautiful oak tree. I just had to take a photo.

The Oka is packed and we set out with our dog in two cars to Jindabyne – our first stop, and what will be our last stop on our seven month exodus from Canberra.


As I was driving the Subaru I could not take the time to enjoy the wonderful scenery, as I had to concentrate on the driving. The sunset was stunning with the sun’s rays hitting the rocky outcrops in south Cooma. The rocks-boulders glowed! This was followed by a beautiful colour show as the sky changed colour across the landscape and the clouds glowed with silver and light gold. The contrast between Lake Jindabyne and the dramatic cloudy sky was stunning but there was nowhere to pull up to take a photo.

We left much later than anticipated so arrived in the evening. We arrived to a very warm welcome from our lovely granddaughter and her parents. Our dog was quickly informed of his new status as a member of our granddaughter’s household, as he will stay here in Jindabyne for the duration of our travels. I think he is somewhat confused about what is happening. I am sure he will soon settle down as he always enjoys staying here. Now it is time to relax and have a chat with our daughter and her hubby.

No comments: