Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 5 Adelaide to Beetaloo

4 March 2008

DAY 5 Pilbara – Kimberley Trip

After a slow start we got under way and went to visit my aunt’s as one was celebrating her birthday. After a lovely chat over coffee and my aunt’s fabulous cake we made our way out of Adelaide. After some calculations of kilometers and driving time we had to cross Cummings of our list as it would have added too much driving time to get to Kalgoorlie comfortably by Sunday night.

Another hot day today. As we drove I worked on the computer finalising my lists so that I could easily locate our provisions in their various baskets. So I didn’t really observe the scenery. I’ve been along this part of the road to Pt Augusta many times.

We dropped in on some great friends in Beetaloo Valley. We caught up with each other and our third bit of trouble on the trip was fixed. At our lunch stop on the way to Adelaide, as I was getting into the back, the top stepped moved. The welding had broken that holds the steps in place whilst travelling. Our friend was able to weld the bit in better than before. We had a laugh as the two ‘old codgers’ got their lap tops up and examined the various maps they work with.


After a b-que dinner and a great game of “Oh Hell” we finally retired for the night in the lovely home they had built themselves from rocks on their land and surrounding area.

No comments: