Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 4 Adelaide

3 March 2008

DAY 4 Pilbara – Kimberley Trip


A relatively relaxing day in Adelaide today. Nice to visit family and catch up with the latest news. Last night one of my brothers and his wife dropped in at Mum’s and we had dinner together. The time flew fast. I also spoke to another brother in Cummings as I hope to drop in on him as well.

Today is hot – there is no other word for it. I caught up with several nephews. My husband called out to me “come and see this”, and then mumbled something about “small cars should never mess with an Oka”. I wondered what this was about. My nephew had parked his car nose to nose with our Oka. If it had been a head to head situation his car would have gone straight under ours and we would probably have not felt it. How scary is that.

Caught up with some of my administrative trip tasks and most importantly set up the blog site. Another of my nephews, who helped me whilst setting up the blog on their computer made a comment on my proposed blog name that I incorporated. However, I still haven’t figured out how to include photographs in the appropriate spots.

After another of our favourite meals at Mum’s we went to see the fringe festival with my brother. We strolled around the Garden of Unearthly Delights where we watched an interesting piece of street theatre, had a beer and met up with our niece. It was great to see so many people out and about on a Monday night. We then went down to North Terrace to see the Northern Lights show. Wow was it spectacular!!! The buildings facing north between the War Memorial and Bonython Hall were not only lit up but had designs/patterns projected onto them that totally changed the facade of the building.


It was based on Colonel Light’s vision for bringing light and enlightment to the people of South Australia. We walked along the street and admired the changing facades of the buildings as the projections changed at regular intervals. It was absolutely spectacular. I am very thankful to my brother for proposing this visit to the centre of Adelaide.

No comments: