Saturday, August 15, 2009

DAY 44 EUROPE TRIP - LITHUANIA –Palanga

29 June 2009

DAY 44 EUROPE TRIP
LITHUANIA –Palanga

It was supposed to be a rest day but I decided that I needed to do some shopping. I hadn‘t had an opportunity the whole time I was here so I started to do the rounds of the local amber and craft places. We walked into the centre of town via the beach.

The beer tent on the beach near the beach bolley ball courts is quite a change from our beach set ups in Australia.

After having afternoon tea with my cousin we returned to our place of abode to relax whilst the young ones kept us entertained.

In the early evening we made our way back to town for dinner and to listen to some live music. Whilst it has always been a resort town we felt that it had lost a lot of its character. There was not the buzz and liveliness of the past.

No comments: