Saturday, May 16, 2009

EXPERIMENTAL PIECES FINISHED

February 2009

EXPERIMENTAL PIECES FINISHED

I feel on top of the world as I have finished my 12 little experimental pieces. They have taken quite a bit of time to make as there was lots and lots of stitching. Then it took a while to paint each stitch and let serendipity take over. It was hard to let go of control and let the dye go where it wanted to. Then I had to be patient as the dye dried.

Asthey dried it appeared as if the dye was fading right out. However after washing each piece it was interesting to see how each came up. I critically examined each piece to work through the issues facing me when I moveo on to make one in a larger format.

I was also pleased that I met the deadline for the Experimentalists – a group that I belong to that meets every three months. These pieces were part of my project for the challenge set by the group.




No comments: