Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DAY 20 EUROPE TRIP - ROME

5 June 2009

ROME

Our cruise is finally over. Having sailed 2,235 nautical miles we are back in Civitevecchi. We made our way back to Rome and spent the night at the Crowne Plaza as part of our cruise package.

Our room was not ready till 3.00pm so we sat outside one of the bar areas relaxing whilst I caught up with my blog diary.

The grounds of the hotel are very nice. In the evening my brother and sister-in-law joined us. We walked across to the summer festival function at my nephew’s German school in Rome.

We sat at tables with long benches drinking german wine and eating german sausages chatting away till late as the evening got cooler and breezier.

My brother’s friend and partner joined us during the evening. Finally we made our way back to the hotel with everyone for a lemoncello night cap

or a cuppa.

A great evening in Rome.

No comments: